With two published knitting technique books, 8 years writing technical articles, 10 years teaching and over 35 years knitting experience, I offer a wide range of exciting and fun, knitting workshops. The emphasis is on learning in a relaxed atmosphere at your own pace in the company of likeminded crafters.
Whether you’re picking up the needles for the first time or are looking for something more advanced, there’s sure to be a course to suit you.
• Beginners/intermediate/advanced knitting
• Colourwork including Fairisle/intarsia/knitting and slip-stitch colourwork
• Lovely Lace – Develop your lace knitting skills and make a pair of pretty, lacy wristlets
• Knitting in the round
• Socks (toe up or cuff down/on dpns/circs/magic loop/2-at-a-time) (not all in one session preferably!).
• Finishing techniques (including knitting SOS for unfinished projects!)
• Beaded knitting/knitted jewellery – Beaded necklaces. bracelets, handbag charms, earrings and more.
• Cozy cables – Make knitted samplers of lovely cable patterns to form a patchwork afghan or bag
• Washcloth wizardry – Use interesting textured patterns to make attractive, practical washcloths – great for
• Intro to designing – Plan and knit a simple scarf
• Intermediate/advanced designing
• Christmas knits – Make baubles, bunting and other festive decorations
• Playful knits – Knitted soft toys
• Beautiful bunting – Garlands and bunting for festive occasions and fun decor
• Now you see it, now you don’t – Make a bag using the fascinating technique of illusion knitting
Workshops can be tailored to fit shorter, two-three hour sessions, a full day or longer. I’m happy to tailor courses to suit your requirements – please just ask!
For details of prices, student numbers, venues etc. please contact me.